Geographic areas of funding are limited to the Greater Tulsa area with preference to the City of Tulsa and some limited funding in Israel (generally organizations in Israel with overall annual budgets of $1,000,000 or less). If you have never received a grant from us before, you must seek prior approval to submit an application. If you have received a previous grant but requesting for a different program, you must also seek prior approval. Please e-mail a one page letter of inquiry to May Sheehan that includes background information on your organization, brief details of your program including projected impact or outcomes and your total budget. We fund only IRS Section 501(c)(3) organizations. Organizations that are eligible to apply for a grant should follow the application process below:
- The Trustees of The Sharna and Irvin Frank Foundation meet in June and November of each year to consider grant applications.
- The deadline for submission of grant applications is April 1st for the June meeting and September 1st for the November meeting. We should receive the application in our office no later than the stated deadlines (not postmark date).
- Organizations who submit eligible grant applications will be notified of the decision of the board within 3 weeks after the board meeting.
- No late applications will be accepted.
- Cover letter (limited to 1 page) which should include only contact information (name and title, physical address and mailing address (if different), telephone number, fax number, e-mail address and organization’s website)
- Grant proposal that includes a brief history of organization, description of need/program and dollar amount requested. Proposal should also include your previous fiscal year’s total number served and any relevant measurable outcomes. if any (this should be no more than 2 pages total)
- List of current board of directors (limited to one page)
- Current program budget (limited to one page)
- Complete 12 month financial statements of your last fiscal year that ends within one year of the grant deadline. These must include a Statement of Financial Position (or Balance Sheet) and the related Statement of Activities (Income Statement). In addition, include most recent audited financial statements if applicable, and even if not ending within one year of the grant deadline. If your organization is related to a separate legal entity which financially supports your organization, please include that information in your application along with the amount of annual support. Also, include complete 12 month financial statements for the support organization. If your financial statements include current capital campaign contributions or any other extraordinary item, please note the amount attributable to your capital campaign or the extraordinary item.
- Most recently filed IRS Form 990 (copy of which is signed)
- 501(c)(3) IRS determination letter
Completed grant applications may be mailed to:
The Sharna and Irvin Frank Foundation
3125-B South Yale Avenue
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74135-8007
Or Emailed to: